Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lunch With A Friend

This noon time I will be lunching with an old friend Ron Kunicki. Why am I writing this in a blog ? I have known this guy since 2nd grade. I am in my fifties as is he. Grew up in same hometown. Old friends are nice , we can speak in a short hand way that cuts to the quick on a variety of topics. Nine words work instead of twenty three. Ron has also seen me at perhaps close to my lowest point and remains a friend. Can't buy that. His Mom is still kicking and she accepts me for what I am. That is always a comfort , not playing role of whatever. Perhaps the best part of our friendship is that it frees me to push on with my other areas of life. We don't see each other often enough to get on each others nerves but often enough to center myself. From where I came....was.......went.......am going ......ect. Friendship with someone you have known for a long time keeps one honest about the life you really have come to. From that perspective the chance of going down one to many blind alleys is lessened. You bullshit yourself less often. Sometimes , that can bring some peace............really. To old friends.

No comments: