Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hudson Hawk's Barbecue Sauce

Well , I am not a great cook. My culinary experiments have sometimes met with disaster. However , I have obtained some success with my barbecue sauce I like grilling even in winter so I tend to stick with that. So here by request is my recipe for Hudson Hawk's Sauce.

One quarter cup butter
2 cans chopped tomatoes or puree
One quarter cup vinegar
One small to medium onion , finely chopped.
2 tsp. salt {you can use less for lower salt diet}
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp paprika
Pinch or two of ginger
2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
1 quarter tsp Tabasco or more according to taste.
1 tsp of black pepper {I prefer course ground}
1 and a half tsp of sugar
Mix ingredients well and simmer for 20 minutes. Use for chicken or beef or other favored meat. This recipe makes about enough for 5 pounds of meat or chicken. Have also used as a serving sauce. ENJOY.

No comments: