Saturday, November 5, 2011

Andy Rooney : Goodby From Albany New York

Well.......Andy Rooney died last night. As I sip my morning coffee at my daughters home near Albany I do feel a sense of loss. Rooney came from Albany born January 14 , 1919. A few short months from the end of World War One. That is a long life. The thing is he seemed a man I knew though I didn't.  The fact that he grew up and was nurtured near from where I grew up probably makes me feel the kinship. I hope they lower the flags to half staff for atleast a day in the city.  But as I age and have gone in the last few years to more funerals that I care to count I feel older this morning because that World War Two generation that nurtured my generation has all most departed in total. There is a voice missing at the table this morning. A man I admired , read a couple of his books , listened to his commentaries. Now he is gone.

No comments: