Friday, May 8, 2015

Going Home Again Schodack NY

I really did start the day hoping to finish my short dig on Clove Rd in my home town of Schodack NY. But today after a seemly long winter and slightly late spring I decided to just drive around  what appeared to me a newly minted home town. Thomas Wolfe was essentially correct , "you can't go home again". But on this warm , sunny , vibrant , spring morning everything seemed alive and beckoning to me. Gould Orchards with it's apple trees in full flower was remarkable. Stopped by to buy a bottle of wine. Residents bushes and trees were opening up in a fragrant explosion it seemed to me. Many people were busy tending gardens and mowing lawns. Maple Hill High School which was my old high school had kids out on the track and it appeared a class was being taught on the Tennis Bleachers. People soaking up the sunshine if not learning. Near Schodack Landing what appeared to be a mangy coyote ran across the road on Schodack Landing Rd. The Hudson River lite up with mid morning light , a high tide pushing up the river. I have had a stressful week.......but my mood began to feel more on the tranquil side as I toured. My mind did wander to some past things .....how things have changed , how they have not. This final 1.6 months of High School before graduation for the class of 2015. That truly is a mixture of feelings.Todays return filled me with transcendent calm. A quiet day in an upstate New York town. Sometimes therapy can be only a few bucks of gas away. So I write this ode to you my hometown. We certainly have had our differences , but transcendent thought can make quiet this so often intense life we may lead.

2 comments:

Wine-A-Bit Notes said...

You have to learn that Goold is spelled with 2 o's...

hudson hawk said...

I will never forget again.....promise