Monday, March 6, 2017

Secret Masonic Lodge NYS Capitol

 I am not really a conspiracy kind of guy. I don't see world domination groups in various corners of the world. However , I do know of a semi Masonic order that was located near the State Capitol  Bld in Albany New York. I suppose I should tell you first how I know this......well I had an uncle {now long dead} who was in the NYS Assembly in the 1960's.. He told me about it in the 1980's shortly before his death. He came from Rensselear County in upstate NY. Recently I interviewed a former higher up member of the NYS Secretary of States Dept. Reluctantly , he told me about it. So here is what I know.
 It was started during the Alfred E. Smith era  when he was Governor in the teens and twenties. It is rumored he was himself a member. It was located away from the Capitol in a private club an example being The Fort Orange Club. Members included elected state political figures members of the Governor's office and various other state dept. One had to go through  what they called a {service}. One pledged silence , brotherhood  and what they referred to as  { civic cooperation}. One was "tapped"  for membership by a mysterious person only referred to as "The Butler".  Membership I was told by my uncle was highly selective. It costs 500.00 dollars in 1962 to join. The most important element for one to be chosen was the ability to keep ones mouth shut about your membership. What was discussed in the lodge was usually NYS business , politics ,  deals.
 So.....now you know what I know.....by the way I doubt it still exists to be honest. Though it is not something one can easily inquire about. Animo non Astutia

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whether it's true or not, this is really fascinating.

hudson hawk said...

Unknown.....my uncle was in the NYS Assembly and Senate and he told me about it. I consider that a good source. I also discussed it recently with another member of the Free Mason Fraternity who verified it's existence. Glad you were fascinated and thanks for the feedback.