Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hudson Hawk"s 100th Blog

So , it has come to this. According to my stats I have now reached my 100th blog. So with my morning coffee I set down to ......say what. I guess I will do what writer , director , producer Blake Edwards said when he accepted his honorary Academy Award in the mid nighties. He said"when I really began to think about this I finally had to simply say I need to thank everybody.' So I do as well. I have received over 4,000 hits in the past few yrs and have received occasional comments. People have allowed me to interview them about their memories. Some people have simply remained my friend. All  important to me. A few people have allowed me to explore their property as well as their memories. My wife has given me encouragement , atleast some of the time as long as I don't bring home to much clutter as she calls it. I even have a small but steady group of readers who check in to see what is new. To all I say a simple thanks. Whether  I write of an aeroplane landing in Castleton NY in 1911 or a set of sports car keys I discover at a garage sale I am somewhat amazed people read about it from me. I intend with some  of the time left to me to do some more exploring and piecing together. NYT's writer Thomas Friedman recently said the future belongs to those with imagination. This will create our new economy in the future. The more I look into the past I  have come to believe that I explore imagination as well. We stand on the imagination  of the past. So wherever this blog takes me once again thanks,  BE SEEING YOU.

No comments: