Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mohammar Gaddifi : Down with The Despot

 I have a birthday coming up.....and this birthday I have an odd pleasure. I will still be around and the Despot of the North African  desert country of Libya will not. Whatever rat hole he hides in it is a bunker without power. I first came across his name in my Government  and current events class in the second week of my senior yr at Maple Hill High School. in 69. We briefly discussed his take over of the country of Libya by the  then Col. Gaddafi. So as despots go he has hung around for a long time. Smoke now rises over his capital a good metaphor for his rule. He has been since my senior yr a  shadow over the world. Whether the Lockerbie Pan Am bombing or his threats of oil reprisal  this desert shadow stubbornly remained. But I think his worse crime has been his repression on the souls of his countryman. This kind of scar may last well  into generations. So now atleast whatever may follow his rule he is done and the smoke will rise for days ahead. When I have my birthday dinner I am going to have steak and lobster. A glass or two of wine as I celebrate with my family.  But you know one of my pleasures during dinner will be that I have in a real way out lived that son of a bitch.

No comments: