Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Duke Snyder and the Montreal Expos

Well Duke Snyder passed away this past weekend. I barely remember when he played briefly for the Mets. So I don't recall him well as a player , what my memory of him is as an announcer for the Expos in the late 80's up to about the mid nineties. I lived in the Adk Mts back then and could get Canadian channels on cable. There was on CBC a limited number of English language broadcasts of Expos games. He did what some refer to as the color commentary. Noted for talking slowly and filling the air during some horrific seasons before the spectra of Major League baseball was given up in that city. With all I have read of The Duke these past couple of days I don't recall reading of his time in the booth. So for the record add this on to a great career.

No comments: