Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Some of my source people

I think it is time I printed a list of some of the people I remember through conversation or interview that have given me source material for this blog. History is sometimes just memory and many of these people are memory , many now gone.

Vivian Ingalls Teacher Maple Hill High School Schodack New York
Elmer Henniger Justice of the Peace Schodack
Lewis Hudson former Town of Schodack Supervisor
Eloise Hanreader
Ron Kunicki
Lillian Kunicki
Ted Kunicki
Willard Wright
Ruth Steele Teacher MHHS
Charles Harris Carpenter
Peter Stohl Teacher
George Andrews
Jack Ray Funeral Director
Betty Ann Crounse
Kenneth and Virgina Golden
Marion and Henry Peters
Benny Funk
Janet Abelseth
Tim Harris Teacher Baltimore Maryland.
Douglas Hudson NYS Senator
Ernest Hudson
Margaret Ward Teacher MHHS
Gerald Boule Teacher MHHS
Edgar Swartz
Ruth Speasky
Ruth M. Hudson Former Town Clerk Schodack NY 12033
Beverly Ingalls
Fletcher Thomas Former race car driver
Arnold Feldman Map Maker
Loretta Harris Author & Geneologist
Hope Long
Donna Blasch
Susan Walsh
John Connolly
Pauline Jennings
Arnold Bonwitt'
Dennis Olson
Jeffrey Hudson
My thanks to these people living & dead I know I have left some people out but will add to another list in the future.

2 comments:

-- Steve said...

By the time I arrived in Castleton, many of these names were legends - and while I remember some of them, I remember stories about a whole lot more.
I'd bought an ancient house on Chestnut Street in 1982, surrounded by people that had grown up, raised their families and contributed to the growth of the Castleton. Their stories painted a picture of everything that is good about a small Upstate NY village.
While I don't reply often, I enjoy your periodic updates and reminiscing about Castleton, Schodack and the surrounding areas. Thanks for sparking some fond memories of those years I lived in the Village and the stories I'd learned while I was
there.

hudson hawk said...

Thanks Steve.....glad you enjoy the blog.....doing research for some more.